MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Procedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelton BinghamProcedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character
by on Jun 2, 2014 at 11:00:39 am

Hi, I have a character/joints that I have cloned, using a cloner in object mode, with a plane as the object reference. So basically I have a grid of 3x3 characters/joints. Now what I need is, for the first z axis, rows' keyframes to activate, then the second and then the last. Normally if I had a cloned OBJECT, I would apply an inheritance effector to the cloner and use a box shaped falloff to activate a column at a time.

The problem that I am having is that the rigged character has multiple joints, and I can only apply the inheritance effector to one joint at a time. If I use an inheritance effector for each joint, it causes random rotations and positions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Procedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character
by on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:10:00 am

This may not achieve what you're after but you can use an effector to offset the keyframed animation of each clone.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Kelton BinghamRe: Procedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character
by on Jun 3, 2014 at 7:35:10 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using the inheritance effector already, as this gives me correct results with cloned OBJECTS, but I am unsure how to apply it to rigged characters. Applying an inheritance effector to each joint results in random rotations to each row of clones.

Do you know how to delay keyframes with any other effectors, or how to apply the inheritance effector properly to rigs?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Procedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character
by on Jun 3, 2014 at 5:08:25 pm

[Kelton Bingham] "Do you know how to delay keyframes with any other effectors, or how to apply the inheritance effector properly to rigs?"

Almost any effector can be used to offset the cloned source's animation. The notable exceptions are the Target, Spline, Inheritance and Delay effectors.

Look for the 'Time Offset' parameter in the 'Parameter' tab of the effector. Based on your description of the setup I'd start by using a Plain effector with a falloff or a Shader effector. The Shader effector would give you a higher degree of control but may take more tweaking to get working properly.

In cases where the root of the cloned object's axis is animated you'll need to disable the 'Fix Clone' option on the Cloner or place it inside of a stationary Null.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Kelton BinghamRe: Procedural activation of keyframes of a cloned, rigged character
by on Jun 8, 2014 at 7:30:43 am

Thanks, works perfectly with the shader effector and a falloff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]