MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D baking causes artifacts

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin VelzenCinema 4D baking causes artifacts
by on Jun 1, 2014 at 12:04:34 am

First of all, I'd like to thank everybody on this forum for all the usefull posts and answers. It helped me out alot with my C4D problems. But I've encountered a problem which I don't really know how to put in words.

I've made a dragon model in C4D, using the sculpting tools. Right now, I'm at the point where the sculpt object has to be baked, so you can further work with it. But the problem is, I don't fully understand what the whole "baking" function does. When I click the "Bake sculpt objects" and the menu comes up, I check all the boxes that most people use in their tutorials. When people are finished with their baking process, they always end up with a black and white image, while I end up with a green/a lighter green image (image below). After it has been baked, the model seems alright in the preview. But when I render the scene, the only thing you'll be able to see are artifacts (image below). I'm not sure what causes the problem but I think it has something to do with the way I modelled it.

Green image (preview):
Green image (baking):
Model before baking:
Model after baking:

Normally I would like to do some more research on this problem, but I'm not quite sure how you put this problem to words. It's for a school project so the whole sculpting thing is a learning expierence. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post/helping me with my problem.
Last but not least, sorry for the grammar/spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. :p

Return to posts index

Gordon StewartRe: Cinema 4D baking causes artifacts
by on Oct 4, 2014 at 10:02:10 pm

Try reducing your displacement height - I have gotten results like that because the baking gave me a huge displacement that was out of whack with the scale of the model (173cm instead of 4 or 5, for instance).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved