MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Logo build

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris JoyceC4D Logo build
by on May 23, 2014 at 10:36:12 am

Just struggling to achieve what I need and could do with some help. I have a logo split up into multiple sections with a fracture object. I want these to flock around along spline (naturally) then form the logo at the end.

I'm using a spline effector then inheritance to overlap which works but doesn't look right and I cant seem to tweak it. I have attached a file to where I'm up to.

First I need the flocking triangles to all face the same way in the direction of the spline. Usually I would go Spline>Parameter> and tick rotation but this sends all the clones mental. Also adding natural motion with a noise random effector send them way too crazy. I done similar before but never had behaviour like this.

Finally I need the leading triangle of the flock to build from the bottom up of the logo. No Idea how to achieve this. I think if you see the file its pretty clear what I'm trying to do, it just needs to be a really smooth transition.

I've already spent way to long trying to do what I thought would be simple so any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Logo build
by on May 23, 2014 at 11:56:09 pm

this is part of it, the cones move aligned with the spline (greatly stretched so I could easily see where they are aligned). Don't know about getting it to build from the bottom up maybe with Step but I've run out of time for the moment.

Return to posts index

Chris JoyceRe: C4D Logo build
by on May 25, 2014 at 4:37:36 pm

I realised just after I posted that the spline was also in the rail tag making it go crazy. I found I can change the order just by moving them around in the fracture but because of the randomness its difficult to build from the bottom perfectly.

I'm close enough now to be happy but thank you ever so much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved