MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Viewport oddity: Two of the four views seems linked...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Sverre Wold-Hansen
Viewport oddity: Two of the four views seems linked...
on May 20, 2014 at 7:41:54 pm

Take a look at the enclosure. In a 4-view (and also when each are in full view) the two top views (normally Perspective and Top) show exactly the same view/angle. One of them can be changed to f.ex. wireframe - But the VIEW ANGLES are the same... F.eks. zooming into one of them also zooms identical in the other...?

PerS

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Viewport oddity: Two of the four views seems linked...
on May 21, 2014 at 3:52:39 pm

you set them both to be Perspective so they both show the same thing. Set the one back to Top and it will look like normal.
The views are specific to each camera though and the default camera is included in that so if you are jumping from camera to camera it can be confusing if you have set some of the default views to something different.

Return to posts index

Per Sverre Wold-Hansen
on May 21, 2014 at 5:03:14 pm

Hi Brian - Well, it wasn't exactly like this. When I changed the view in the upper right to Top view - The one upper left did exactly the same.

But I did eventually find this out by myself -->

The "real camera" in this scene was called "Ocean Camera". The way it turned out was that BOTH the upper views were set to -> Cameras/Use Camera/Ocean Camera.

When I changed the upper right Camera view setting to "Default Camera" - and kept the upper left at "Ocean Camera" - it worked normally in the upper right hand view - when selected as a Top view.

I think it was actually a plugin (with a camera, "Ocean Camera") that had set both the upper views to "its own" camera.

The "error" was very peculiar and confusing when jumping between different fullscreen views by F1, F2, etc.

PerS

Return to posts index

Todd Hallam
on Nov 7, 2014 at 11:26:04 am

Thanks for this - had me befuddled.

Todd Hallam
SideshowFX
http://www.sideshowfx.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]