MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Looking for a faster way to extrude/key background areas from a texture on a plane in C4d (creating cut outs)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruben Studios
Looking for a faster way to extrude/key background areas from a texture on a plane in C4d (creating cut outs)
on May 11, 2014 at 5:44:55 am

Hellloo

New user to this site.... having trouble finding a solution to something I'm working on in cinema 4d. Also haven't been using C4d for very long, so bear with me...

My problem is pretty simple:
A friend and I are using our scanned drawings in a C4d model.
I'm trying to create a 2d "cut out" effect to isolate the figures in our drawings from the background (I'm basically trying to cut out the silhouette shape.)

I'm going to be using lots of different drawings, and the outlines are pretty complex. I quickly realized that manually drawing splines around each figure to use a boole or extrude tool takes a very very long time. (see image below) I'm hoping C4d has a more automated function to delete these backgrounds in textures (maybe there is some equivalent to the quick select tool in photoshop.)

In photoshop, I tried keying and removing the backgrounds and then exporting them as a PNG file... but not surprisingly... the keyed areas just turn white on my planes in C4d.

The model won't be animated, and you will only see the front of our drawings in the model, so I am NOT looking for a way to make 3d models out of these drawings. The 2d cut outs will be placed throughout a scene I'm creating.

Perhaps there is a way to create a spline in illustrator?

Any ideas? I've read a lot of forums and can't find anything that helps.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]