MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

non-uniform scaling, moving etc

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike bainnon-uniform scaling, moving etc
by on May 10, 2014 at 5:24:18 pm

Is there a feature in c4d that will let the user scale or move incrementally: If I have a rectangle with 5 segments/points, how can I scale the farthest point at say 90% the second farthest at 80% the third farthest at 70% etc. I know about soft selection but the results are not even. I guess at the basic level, I want to take a rectangle and make one side 5% of the height and keep the other side at 100%. I know lightwave had a feature for this, but I have scanned the C4D boards and can't find an equivalent. any leads? thx

mb

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: non-uniform scaling, moving etc
by on May 10, 2014 at 7:27:03 pm

don't know if there is a tool (or plugin) that does what you want but you can get even results from soft selection. With your rectangle example anyway, select the vertices on one side, turn off Surface, Mode - All and use a linear Spline

Return to posts index

mike bainRe: non-uniform scaling, moving etc
by on May 10, 2014 at 8:58:09 pm

This is perfect. But if I have something a bit more complex, say an extruded floor plan that needs to be progressively smaller on one side in the Y axis, I'm not sure if this would work. I'll comb the plugins, maybe there is something there. thank you though for the information re soft selection.

mb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]