MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Connect the space between object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pravin ChotteraConnect the space between object
by on May 6, 2014 at 2:50:25 am

I want to fill the space between two objects with polygons so it becomes one solid object.

I've already connected them into one object, and I could go point by point and create polygons, but there must be a faster way.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Connect the space between object
by on May 6, 2014 at 3:01:58 am

select the edges (Vertex or Edge mode) of the text in the disk and the corresponding letter and use Stitch and Sew to connect them

Return to posts index

Pravin ChotteraRe: Connect the space between object
by on May 9, 2014 at 6:04:16 pm

I tried using Stitch and Sew, but I think I had a lot more vertices on one shape as compared to the other, so it made Stitch and Sew freak out. I had to go in a do it a bit more manually, but I eventually got close to the look I wanted.

I'm trying to make a wax seal, and have gotten pretty far, but I'm running into some sculpting and texturing issues.

As you can see from the image, the base layer near the bottom rim is not flat, so it's catching the light in strange ways.

Is there a sculpting tool to flatten in out?

Obviously the base layer should be totally flat, but it has a number of undulations that Smooth just isn't taking out.

I'm also getting weird texture issues from the mesh. It's most pronounces around the upper magnet area. There are waves that make the Bump look strange.

And suggestions on how to fix that would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Connect the space between object
by on May 10, 2014 at 2:06:40 pm

Erase might work and the waves in the texture look like they are in the texture unless that is perfectly following the geometry (edges) but it's impossible to tell without a look at the actual texture and geometry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]