MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Complex Spline Import from Illustrator

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ClabaughComplex Spline Import from Illustrator
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 4:32:42 pm

I have been searching all over the web to find out about this, and haven't found anything, most deal with words or simple shapes. I have a set of Live Paint Vectors that I would like to import into C4D. These are complex silhouettes, I am able to bring in the paths as splines, combine them into one spline and extrude, but in the end, because they are live paint vectors, there is no fill, so my extrude is only of the outline of the silhouette, with no fill.

I should probably explain my goal as well. I am using a python script from Rown to unfold a low poly surface. As the camera runs along I would like these silhouettes to unfold out of the surface. I am hoping to create, either a spline mask over a squashed sphere that will fill the spline and unfold, or a boole, but I don't think that latter works well with deformers and low poly effectors.

I guess, ideally I would like to connect these silhouettes to the floor / surface geometry so that they are built as one piece with the script.

Also I am just learning C4D, but have a lot more experience in Maya so I understand most of the tools.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved