MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Character Animation FBX

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar WielandCharacter Animation FBX
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 9:00:55 pm

I go in the first steps and will just ask if anyone has some experience with capturing character movements by camera and tracking finally transfering it via fbx into c4d. My first step into began with ipisoft. I like that product, but the joint name mappings are not easy and deliver a source of many errors…and another posiblity i looked at Truebones…
Does anyone can give me some guidelines in order to prevent a lot of try and errors?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Character Animation FBX
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 11:42:46 pm

I'm not familiar with those solutions, but you might want to keep an eye on this space:

Return to posts index

Heikki LeinonenRe: Character Animation FBX
by on Apr 12, 2014 at 7:14:08 am

I wrote a short tutorial about this some time ago, see here:

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Character Animation FBX
by on Apr 12, 2014 at 8:00:25 am

Thanks, this is excellent you wrote in this article. The ipisoft people linked me to it as well.-
So with ipisoft basically at the bottom line is no problem. This works as designed very well.-
The real real problem left is the weight apply to the desired character in C4D. And this is a real work and not easy. The paintig of the weights is difficult, especially f.e. your charakter is a Mickey Mouse or something like this. Are there any guidelines how to use the weight tools in C4d in a manner to get what you want and not always being messed up after retargeting the ipisoft BVH. Which other Systems can be used for weight skin appliance?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved