MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Using a Rigged Model animation and the cloner tool

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul HarringtonUsing a Rigged Model animation and the cloner tool
by on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:28:45 am

I have been having this problem and cant seem to find a solution. I have been using Cinema 4D for a while, but only now rigging characters.
I have rigged a model and have an animation going (by binding the joints and figure)
What I have done next is add a cloner, and switch the mode to "object" mode and drag in the model.
The model continues to animate but the cloners on top of stay static. The cloners are in the position of frame zero.
Also When I select point mode or edge mode and select a point or edge on the model the animation no longer works.
I am hoping there is a solution to convert the rigged model.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Using a Rigged Model animation and the cloner tool
by on Apr 10, 2014 at 4:08:18 pm

Regarding the cloner, it's important to understand that Cinema executes operations sequentially based in part on the order of objects in the Object Manager. If your cloner is above the geometry in the Object Manager then it won't receive the information that the points have moved because the OM is evaluated from top to botoom. When you move the cloner below the geometry that it's referencing in the Object Manager the clones should move properly.

As far as the points jumping back to rest position when you go to edit them, you need to activate "deformed editing" in the viewport>configuration>display settings. This works fine for point selection but be aware that points will move in a peculiar fashion if you try to edit them in a deformed state.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved