MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how to continue after repeat

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Olsson
how to continue after repeat
on Apr 9, 2014 at 6:23:30 pm

Hi!

I having a loop that repeats one time. After the loop I want to continue with other animation with the same objects. Say I have a three seconds long loop that repeats one time. Then I want other things to happen after six seconds. So I put a new keyframe after say eight seconds. I thought that the loop where kind of "creating" a keyframe from six seconds that animates towards the next keyframe at eight seconds. But my animation starts already before the second loop have finished.

So how do I repeat independently one time and after that continue with my new actions towards my new keyframe?

Hope you could follow. If you are familliar two music I want two create the same thing as if I am playing a score where a part of the score repeats two times and after the second repeat continues with the rest of the score.

Im using: functions -> track after -> repeat after

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: how to continue after repeat
on Apr 10, 2014 at 3:59:54 am

I don't think it's possible using the track>repeat function as the repeat applies to the whole track, including any new keyframes.

What I would do instead is select the keys you want to repeat and Ctrl + Drag them to copy and make the loop that way.

Another option would be to duplicate your object(s) at the last frame of the animation and delete the keyframes on the duplicate. Then swap visibility at the end of the repeat and keyframe the second object(s) thereafter.

Return to posts index

Jack Cook
on Apr 10, 2014 at 11:34:06 am

Actually I think it should work. I just tried a simple experiment with a Cube. I set the cube to rotate 360 degrees in 2 seconds. I set it to repeat once, which made it repeat the rotation twice, ending at 4 seconds. I then keyframed the cube to move in the X direction for the next 2 seconds. So the cube rotated for 2 seconds, then rotated again for 2 seconds, then translated for 2 seconds. Once the repeats are over the object should be free to be animated in other ways. I don't know how this will work with a complex animation, but I think you should be able to do it.

Jack

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 10, 2014 at 12:44:29 pm

It works in your case because you're animating on two separate tracks (rotation and translation). Try animating additional rotation on the continuous track and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Jack Cook
on Apr 11, 2014 at 11:49:26 am

Ah, I see what your mean.

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]