MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

XPresso Random Text Generator

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Barone
XPresso Random Text Generator
on Apr 9, 2014 at 4:10:46 pm

I'm trying to create an XPresso setup to create a stream of text consisting of random 0's and 1's.
I'd like to have it output to a text generator for an animation I'm trying to make to imply a computer data stream of zeros and ones.

Could someone please help me out with this?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: XPresso Random Text Generator
on Apr 9, 2014 at 5:47:22 pm

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use mograph? Just drop a one and zero object in the cloner, set the clones parameter to random, and then clone onto a particle stream or animate the number of clones in linear mode.

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on Apr 9, 2014 at 6:10:21 pm

I suppose it would be a lot easier if I were more familiar with Mograph! ;-)
Thanks for the suggestion and the quick walkthrough, BIG help!

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on Apr 9, 2014 at 6:59:29 pm

I was able to put together what I'm looking for.. but is there a way to get the particles (numbers) to come out more evenly spaced? Please see the attached file to see what I mean.

The 1's and 0's are also randomly spaced apart from each other. I've played with the various settings, birthrate and such to no avail.

Thanks.

7345_datastream.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 9, 2014 at 8:07:15 pm

Yeah, there does seem to be a problem getting standard particles to put out a constant stream.

I would do it this way instead: 7346_datastreamamt.c4d.zip

The cloner is making a long line of random 1s and 0s. The Time effector is causing the line to move in the X direction. The Plane Effector has an inverted box falloff. It's set to scale clones to -1 which makes them invisible, so the only clones you see are the ones passing through the falloff box (because falloff is inverted).

You can control the speed of the stream by adjusting the Time effector's Parameter>Position>X value. I've created a HUD control for that.

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on Apr 9, 2014 at 8:15:27 pm

Perfect! Thank you again very much for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]