MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

sound effector and coffee node

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vesko Anev
sound effector and coffee node
on Apr 7, 2014 at 11:26:16 am

Hello Im trying to rotate an object with the amount of a frequency of a sound .I want the object to remember its rotation from the 1st frequency and then to add the degree of the second and... third and forth ... I dont know if i have to use time node in the coffee node or something else .Im using a sample , range mapper and its connected the rotation .

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: sound effector and coffee node
on Apr 7, 2014 at 3:13:16 pm

it would help a lot to see the setup but if I'm understanding your setup you would just have to feed the current rotation from a second copy of the object's node into the calculations

Return to posts index

Vesko Anev
on Apr 7, 2014 at 6:47:35 pm

http://images.creativecow.net/274315/nodes.jpg
the two formulas are sqr and round

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 7, 2014 at 7:59:31 pm

this might work if you want the rotation to just keep getting bigger but not knowing your sounds and your desired result it may not be the right thing

nodes2.jpg

Return to posts index

Vesko Anev
on Apr 7, 2014 at 9:55:46 pm

well its working but its not like i want it to .. i will show u the object its a cogwheel and when i play the sound its rotating a little based on the result of the nodes but its not keeping that rotation , its going back or even less the its original position i cannot tell couse its happening to fast. I played with the Sound effector options but no matter what they are its still not adding the second rotation value to the first. I tried with memory node but i cant find a way to make it output an array of values which after that to input in a coffee node and make them work maybe there is a node that is doing that or idk it seems easy to make .. then its acctualy not so much but still im sure its a one line of code and a few nodes .Just to say im rotating the first cogwheel and the others are following
http://images.creativecow.net/274315/coghweel.jpg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]