MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Ram in a RenderFarm

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David PriceRam in a RenderFarm
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 12:33:30 pm

Hi All.

I ordered a render farm from our IT Group, thinking that they could figure out them selve what to buy.
But then they returned with the question, "how much ram do you want in the machines?" And I have no idea.

I thought that the machines should only have a good CPU and a Gigabit net. Am I wrong, do i need a lot of ram to be able to set up a renderfarm for C4D?

Cant wait to find out :-)

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Ram in a RenderFarm
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:42:56 pm

Each computer or blade needs RAM. How much depends on the type of rendering you do. 16GB should be sufficient for most purposes.

But before you make the leap ... what version of Cinema do you have? Keep in mind that Maxon eliminated NET Render with R15. They added Team Render in its place, but many users aren't happy with it as it doesn't have the same management functions as NET.

Return to posts index

David PriceRe: Ram in a RenderFarm
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 4:48:55 pm

Hi Adam.

Thank you for replying.

I'm using R15 and Team render. I've tested the system on 4 laptops to see how it would work, and I think its perfect for the job.

I also consulted one of our tech supporters and we did a render where we monitored the macine.
It never used more than 8GB of ram for the job so as you are saying 16 GB should be sufficient.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved