MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

reducing polys

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine xeniareducing polys
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34:28 am

Hello I am very much a beginner in c4d, i purchased a model of a tv from in hopes of retexturing and giving it the low poly look but i cannot see the segments option on any of the objects? is there a way to enable it or should i be looking for another option? i've added a picture of the layers, any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: reducing polys
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 10:24:59 pm

the objects don't have segments options because they are not parametric (mathematically derived) objects anymore (if they ever were) - they are editable objects made of vertexes and polygons. You could try adding the Polygon Reduction deformer to the objects but I don't have any practical experience with that to be able to guess if you would get what you needed from it.
Depending on the way the objects are structured, you might be able to do some tweaks by hand to make it look low-poly when it's not but without seeing the actual geometry it's just a guess if that's even possible

Return to posts index

Jasmine xeniaRe: reducing polys
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:22:09 pm

Applying the polygon reduction deformer to each layer separately whilst in object mode and also unchecking boundary curve preservation seems to do the trick, now i just need to adjust the polygon reduction strengths.

Heres a before n after

Thanks so much Brian :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved