MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baking Cloth explosions

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho GuerreroBaking Cloth explosions
by on Mar 31, 2014 at 11:27:22 am

Hello,

I have been struggling with this for a while, after a former post here.

I have used a sphere, used the knife, add a cloth , add an attractor. Add a plane with cloth collider and do it explode.

The tricky part is I want to apply Time track to see it explode in Slow motion.

Therefore I tried to Cache my cloth and later Bake the objects using the Function from the timeline using PLA.

Once I remove the cloth tag, the polygons get crazy. Besides the Time track does not work really well.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Baking Cloth explosions
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:57:44 pm

if you have the ClothNurb (or ClothSurface depending on your version of C4D) Baked to PLA you should be able to choose all the PLA keyframes and do a Functions Move/Scale in the Timeline window. Set the Scale to something more than 1 and it should stretch the keyframes evenly out.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: Baking Cloth explosions
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33:48 am

Thanks for your reply Brian,

I tried that, and it works as you said, but for some reasons sometimes using Time track it could get a little tricky.

If i remove the cloth tag, after baking, the animation goes wrong. I dont understand why that happens, if it has been baked already. Any idea?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Baking Cloth explosions
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:39:05 pm

I think maybe the cloth tag is still controlling the mesh welding, so if you delete the tag the points are still moving the correct fashion but the program has no way of knowing where the tearing should occur.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2014 at 6:37:25 pm

I think PLA doesn't work as expected with cloth and tear since with tear enabled new points are being created so the polys can separate but not loose any geometry. The only reliable success I had while testing was to do the cuts on an object, select the polys and Disconnect them all, then add Attractor and Cloth tag but don't use Tear. You don't get parts that stick together that way, just all the polys exploding away from the Attractor but the PLA and slowing it down works properly.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24:15 am

thanks guys for the reply.

Brian that is brilliant you realized that, which it solved a lot of my headache figuring it out.

I imagine there has to be some way with point cache tag too but i havent figured out yet.

Another solution I did was putting really high FPS in C4D and later retiming in AE with timewarp. Not so efficient, but it works.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:33:58 pm

I've tried Point Cache with this and have had no success either.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2014 at 10:20:24 pm

I see ;( what a shame. hopefully maxon improves this in future versions

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Baking Cloth explosions
by on Apr 8, 2014 at 4:57:10 pm

I've been successful using xreTime with an exported alembic sequency with subframes enabled... but as allways the more frames you've got to begin with the better. I ended up time reversing a cloth explosion to recreate it's casing, and it was a pain to get it going until I've figure that out.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 8, 2014 at 8:41:12 pm

wow Cassisus this is pretty impressive, i never heard about this plugin, i will get for sure into my workflow.

thanks so much for this!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]