MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

sticky texture to a polygon

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
sticky texture to a polygon
on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:09:34 am

Hi. I made a Projection mapping with the camera calibration tool. It is an image of a street and a house. I have used the knife tool to create a polygon of the door. I want to animate the door. How do i make the texture on the door stick even when animating?? I am not familiar with the baking concept so if that is the way to go then please advice.
Thanks
HRB

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: sticky texture to a polygon
on Mar 28, 2014 at 1:22:53 pm

Use camera projection for the texture and animate with a different camera (not the one that's projecting the texture).

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:04:16 pm

Ok. If i animate with another camera what does that have to with my knife cut, if i animate with another camera will the texture part i have made a polygon of on the door stick to the door as i will animate the door?? Its gonna rotate..
Hrb

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Mar 28, 2014 at 8:24:55 pm

Right click your camera projected texture tag and use "Generate UVW Coordinates." This will add a UVW tag with the camera projection baked into it.

The object will need to be editable for you to do that.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Mar 29, 2014 at 9:32:24 am

Hi darby. Thanks. I did as you said. I generated uvw projection Basicly changed the state from projection to uvw. I then split the polygon and then i could move that polygon around with the texture sticked to it.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Mar 29, 2014 at 2:11:39 pm

Hi again.
As mentioned before your advice works. I am encounting another issue now, the polygon can i make it thicker? Right now i have an emitter behind the polygon and it emitts 200 spehers and they are sticking out of the polygon as they are getting piled up..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]