Hello have a question regarding cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean LindsayHello have a question regarding cinema 4d
by on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:18:08 pm
Last Edited By Sean Lindsay on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:46:09 pm

Hello everyone

sry if posted in wrong forum section.

Im trying to figure out how i can achieve having a robot moving to pick up Letters of the alphabet A-Z to place them into a word. The robot moves to 1 side to pick up the letter than places it in the correct position of the word. i have the robot moving and all, just need to no how to get the robot to spell the word and also when the text is changed the robot will change it? Any help greatly appreciated or any tutorials would be helpful if anyone could point me into the right direction. ty. Is this even possible lol

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hello have a question regarding cinema 4d
by on Mar 26, 2014 at 9:53:17 pm

Generally speaking I would do the movement of the text using constraint tags (in the character tag section). For example, you might have a copy of the letter attached to your robot in the way you want and another copy of the letter in place. Hide those copies. Then you'd have your third copy on the floor for the robot to pick up. Use a PSR constraint to constrain the letter's position/rotation to the one attached to the robot when the robot gets in position. Move the robot to the other hidden letter and then switch the constraint to that letter.

Hard to be more specific than that without seeing your setup.

Return to posts index

Sean LindsayRe: Hello have a question regarding cinema 4d
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:34:36 am

Thank you Adam for your reply, i will deffinately take this information in. I havent really come up with any sort of scene, tryng to figure out the robot part out first, thanks for your help tc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved