MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Merging geometry

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Plaza
Merging geometry
on Mar 17, 2014 at 9:17:06 am

I recently watched a Maya tutorial and I saw something really time saving so I thought to check it out if I could do it in C4D.

Lets say I create a plate with tons of small details on it and then I would like to apply it on top of my model to add those details without remove any geometry from my existing model. I think he was talking about baking geometry but Im not sure. However when I tired to do it in C4D I could not make it work.

How would you solve it?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Merging geometry
on Mar 17, 2014 at 3:54:32 pm

Not sure what you're describing. Do you have a link to the Maya tutorial?

Return to posts index

Dominic Plaza
on Mar 17, 2014 at 4:12:21 pm

Let me show you an image and explain it again.

screenshot2014-03-17at17.08.07.png

I want to add high poly image on low poly geometry. That would give me opportunity to copy different hight poly models on low poly model to add more details. I don't want to make holes, weld them and so on. I just want to put them on the top and merge them together and keep nice topology. Is it possible?

Link to tutorial:
http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1254-Creating-a-Game-Ready-Sci-Fi-Env...

Return to posts index

Dominic Plaza
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:49:36 am

Yes, Greebler is great piece of software that helps you to add random details to your scene.

It was not really what I had in my mind. I was asking how to merge together geometry on the top on another geometry without removing or welding polygons. If you look att the link with screenshoot i posted in the earlier message there is high poly plate and just the cube. I want to add that plate on the top on the cube and merge them together in one piece of geometry.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Mar 18, 2014 at 3:57:13 pm

I was thinking that Greebler may be able to do what you're looking for since you can add your own custom greebles, but maybe not.

The only other thing I can think of is FusionThing, but I don't know if it's supported after R13: http://www.lotsofpixels.com/c4dplugins/fusionThing/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]