MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

V-Ray and Physical Sky with Environment Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SpencerV-Ray and Physical Sky with Environment Question
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 3:59:19 am

Hello everyone,

Have just started working with C4D so please forgive me if the answer to this is glaringly obvious.

Been following along with a bunch of tutorials doing interior renders with V-Ray. All of them set up an infinite light - vary tag - set to sunlight and physical sky turned on. Then they added a sky background texture in Vrays environment setting so there was a background to see outside the room window when rendered.

After doing all that, my issue is this…

I can see the sky material/texture I have added in the environment when I render UNTIL I apply a glass material (vrayy advanced material) to the window. More specifically, a glass material that has an active refraction channel. My glass is still transparent but I cannot see the sky texture anymore. Soon as I flick the refraction channel off; back comes the sky.

I already have the 'Overide BG Env.' UNticked in Vrayy sun light settings so that the environment is visible and the only workaround I have found to see my sky through glass with refraction is to also UNtick the box marked 'Override Refl. Env.' Am confused by this though as I don't understand why this has more effect that unpicking the 'Override Refr. Env.' box as its refraction and not reflection that seems to be my issue.

None of the people in the tutes I've been watching have had to mess with any of these settings so am just wondering what I'm missing or doing wrong..? And/or…is unticking the 'Override Refl. Env.' going to majorly mess with the lighting I will get?

Sorry this has fast become a novel.

Appreciate any insight anyone might have.

Thank you all in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved