MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Melty reveal technique?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron PozzerMelty reveal technique?
by on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:26:16 pm

i know im a little late in the game to the paul clements videos, but i was watching this video of the mitre glove, and wondering if anyone has an ideas on how he kinda melted the surface on between the 10-13 second mark.

to me it looks like a boole, but how he is getting the very thin organic shapes i have no idea. i did a quick test on my own with some spheres and a hand model, put it all inside a cloth nurbs for smoothing, but it was not the same. also when the sphere booles intersected, it ADDED the geometry back.

so ya, if anyone has any ideas, i think it would be very cool to know how this was done!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Melty reveal technique?
by on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:41:41 pm

he's revealing the already complete black areas with an animated alpha texture (by the look of it) - you can see inner/outer surfaces clearly in the 11 second area

Return to posts index

Aaron PozzerRe: Melty reveal technique?
by on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:53:23 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Pozzer on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:55:49 pm

thanks brian, that was going to be my 2nd guess, but since im new to cinema, i didnt know if it could do geometry/texture reveals like that. in my past experience, this is a render time effect, but it looks like hes getting thickness to the surface, so i wasnt sure ( unless there is a way to do this in cinema that is live in the viewport?). thats why i assumed he did some magic and put the whole thing in a cloth nurbs or something for some thickness.

ah yes, closer look definitely shows the white areas are missing in in between thickness polys. you can clearly see the inner and outer faces, but nothing connecting them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved