MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

un merging a polygon object ???

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sid Olomiun merging a polygon object ???
by on Mar 8, 2014 at 9:58:52 pm

I think this is good title for my question don't know the proper term for it
My question is when i import a 3d file from one of those free sites it opens in c4d but as a polygon object with parts of the model in it the problem is i can not expand the model to get in the parts i want to animate for example i got a car model but can not isolate the tires for using it with connector cuz it is all one big object can not be twirled down i guess what is the solution for this any one with some tips

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: un merging a polygon object ???
by on Mar 8, 2014 at 10:46:20 pm

select the polys of a part you want to separate from the rest and right-click and choose Split (or it's in the Mesh/Commands menu of 15). Split makes a copy of the selected ploys and puts them in a new object but the original polys are still there in the first object so if you don't want two tires in the same place hit the delete key right after the Split (the first object stays selected so this gets rid of the polys you were copying). The new object which has the same name as the original object is the separated part you want.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: un merging a polygon object ???
by on Mar 8, 2014 at 11:36:01 pm

Another possibility would be to try the "explode segments" command. Any group of faces that isn't welded to another group of faces will be split into its own object.

Return to posts index

Sid OlomiRe: un merging a polygon object ???
by on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:55:52 am
Last Edited By Sid Olomi on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:56:29 am

thanks very much for taking time to answer my question it works i just grouped rim and tire together in a null all together for what i wanted to do it worked i just wanted to use connector and motor so the car can drive off lol thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved