MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[Solved] Can't tell whether it's computer capacity or is Cinema 4D trying to get under my skin?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcin Koziel
[Solved] Can't tell whether it's computer capacity or is Cinema 4D trying to get under my skin?
on Mar 8, 2014 at 3:04:07 am
Last Edited By Marcin Koziel on Mar 9, 2014 at 9:37:25 pm

Earlier today I was working on a project that I very much want to finish ASAP but it is one of those things where you have to get a frame render preview(s) before you decide to do a final Cinema 4D render.

So today I've finally reached that point and I'm starting to render my preview frames and going through the settings to optimize between the factors of time and quality.

Start getting some results and found my perfect space. (3-5minutes/1 frame)

Saved. Shutdown computer. Go out for lunch.

Come back within a hour later and open the same project. Now I decide to render a preview image again for the sake of double checking and the render time has nearly rose 4 times!

I decided the lower my settings and now the Global Illumination is well over 20 minutes!!

What is going on?!

I closed all my processes that were not required; I put a reset on my software and computer; Yet I continue to have the worst render times...

Any suggestions or help would very much be appreciated.

EDIT: One frame took 5 hours to render over night. Something is seriously wrong.

EDIT 2: It was my plugin! The plugin TurbulenceFD had my render going much longer then it should have.

@MarcinKoziel

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Can't tell whether it's computer capacity or is Cinema 4D trying to get under my skin?
on Mar 8, 2014 at 7:20:13 pm

what version of C4D?

Return to posts index

Marcin Koziel
Re: Can't tell whether it's computer capacity or is Cinema 4D trying to get under my skin?
on Mar 9, 2014 at 9:11:40 pm

Cinema 4D R15.057 is the version.

@MarcinKoziel

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:07:22 pm

haven't seen anything like this in 15 unless settings in GI are changed or AO is added etc. but with your situation where nothing has changed.... it might help to see the scene (if you are allowed post it).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]