MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baking Particle Emiter

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver ClarkeBaking Particle Emiter
by on Mar 6, 2014 at 4:44:32 pm

Hello All,

I have a simple set-up, involving an particle emitter spewing spheres into a vase, this is all working fine.

No I have no use for the animation of the particles I just want their end state to be turned into geometry. I want to use an equivalent of Mesher from 3ds Max.

One time I managed to make this work by chooseing to make the emitter editable, but now when I do this the particles which have settled into position just move somewhere else.

I am thinking this should be simple, all I want to do is bake the emitted particles to geometry, does anyone have any solutions tothis simple problem?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Baking Particle Emiter
by on Mar 6, 2014 at 5:50:07 pm

What I would do is, instead of having the emitter create the sphere geometry, use a cloner. Set the cloner to object mode and drop the emitter into the object link box. Put the simulation tag on the cloner instead of the emitter. Then, when the animation gets to where you want it, make the cloner editable.

Return to posts index

Yuri ReiterRe: Baking Particle Emiter
by on May 24, 2014 at 4:20:51 pm
Last Edited By Yuri Reiter on May 24, 2014 at 6:03:12 pm

I have a similar situation where I am using Xparticles. What I want to do is fill an object with particles, use the skinner but then once the object is filled I want to make it fracture as one object. Wondering myself how to make an object out of the final skinned geometry.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Baking Particle Emiter
by on May 24, 2014 at 6:00:47 pm

the Skinner object can be made Editable at any point, since you want both the Skinner and the editable mesh later Current State to Object is probably the way to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved