MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

front view compositing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerofront view compositing
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 3:10:26 pm

I have a project in my hands, where I need to create some graphics for a tv broadcast show. They asked for for some cubes rotating. In these cubes, it will be displayed some text, which I was planning to create in After effect.

However I cannot get the cubes look straight from the perspective view, it always shows some sides of the cubes. SO I tried the frontal view and perfect, it looks frontal. Therefore I put some solid with external compositing tag ( I tried as well with lights)

But, once I export the project to After effects, the camera shows that the solids dont display in the right way and showing some weird layout, really different from the frontal view.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: front view compositing
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 4:15:36 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think AE supports orthographic cameras (ones that have no perspective). I think what you'll have to do instead is move the Cinema camera waaaaay back and zoom waaaaay in to reduce parallax and thus minimize the view of the cube sides to the point that they aren't noticeable.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: front view compositing
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 7:27:41 pm

you were totally right in everything Adam, Ae does not support ortographic at all. I tried like you said, and yes works perfect.

I applied some solids with external compositing to replace for text, but for some reason still they show up in some other place.

I want to put text in those cubes and they when they spin the text spin too. But the solids i am getting does not rotate properly in After Effect :(

Many thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved