MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how to motion track?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durwood Hibbardhow to motion track?
by on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:46:21 pm

I have an after effects template that I could just put a 2d logo into and it would look ok. But I would like to make the logo 3d in Cinema 4D (which I have already done) and use the 3d logo instead of a 2d image.

My question: If I render out the AE comp that I plan on using the logo with to use as a reference, is there a way to import that footage into C4D and have it play so that I can get the 3D movement matched up so that when I render out the logo from C4D it will match up? If so could you please explain how to make this happen. Or if you have a better way of doing this I am open for ideas

Thank You in advance

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: how to motion track?
by on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:44:25 pm

Are you using a camera in AE or is it a straight 2D comp? If it's a camera you can use Maxon's AE to C4D plugin to bring it into Cinema ... or vv.

If you just want to use the comp render as a guide you can load it into a texture in Cinema and place the texture on a background object.

Return to posts index

Durwood HibbardRe: how to motion track?
by on Mar 3, 2014 at 2:36:52 am

It is just a 2d comp with a null for the motion. I have been able to bring a picture as a texture in to C4D but it only helps to an extent. I might look at some other options for this time around.

Yes, Yes I do realize I have no clue what I am saying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved