MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Realistic 3D Fire

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WindsorRealistic 3D Fire
by on Feb 25, 2014 at 3:01:34 am

I have something for a client that is almost done, but they don't quite like the fire elements used. I was compositing in some fire clips in AE. He says he wants more 3 dimensional fire. My questions is how to accomplish that in Cinema 4D or AE. I have used the built in method to produce smoke and fire in Cinema 4D but its not quite realistic enough. I need something that could pass for real video of fire. I am aware of certain plug-ins for this kind of stuff but money is a bit tight right now so wondering if anyone has tips on how to do this on the cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Realistic 3D Fire
by on Feb 25, 2014 at 3:54:09 am

Have you tried using clips of real fire in AE? I don't know how you can get more realistic than that. I think Video Copilot sells some collections of alpha-mapped fire footage.

I don't think it's possible to do a great job with fire in Cinema without plugins (Turbulence4D, Effex).

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Realistic 3D Fire
by on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:01:34 pm

some pretty good fire can be done with PyroCluster but they are not as good as fluid generators as Adam says

Return to posts index

Joey TrimmerRe: Realistic 3D Fire
by on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:42:00 am

Just chiming in to say that Adam's recommendation for Video Copilot is a great one. I've used their Action Essentials 2 stock for a lot of projects, especially the fire fx. They are shot HD and pre-keyed.

You could then add the video to a material and put it directly in your scene but I would use After Effects for this as well.

Return to posts index

Richard WindsorRe: alistic 3D Fire
by on Feb 27, 2014 at 1:13:20 am

Thanks, I already have the video co-pilot stuff. He was just looking for something more 3 dimensional. I guess I will play around with the layering. Not ready to spend 400 bucks for Turbulence FD quite yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved