MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cineware Camera slightly off in After Effects CC

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserCineware Camera slightly off in After Effects CC
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 10:00:03 pm

I've got a scene from C4D R15.008 that I'm trying to extract some 3D data in After Effects CC

I've rendered out my passes as image sequences for compositing, but I'm trying to get a few lights and a 3D plane for some additional composite elements of smoke and whatnot in 3D space.

When I bring my C4D scene into After Effects, everything lines up. I've brought in my rendered passes to double check the alignment over the draft 3D Cineware preview.

The problem is, when I try to extract the 3D data, the camera changes slightly. I can't quite tell if it's changing position, or changing field of view or something, but my lights and other 3D elements are slightly off when viewed through my proper camera. When I enable the Extracted camera that I'm trying to use, and then select 'Comp Camera' in the Cineware settings, everything changes position slightly. My 3D objects line up properly with the underlying draft geometry, but now everything is slightly off from my rendered image sequences.

I've double checked that the focal length, angle of view, etc.... is all the same as in C4D and it is. My keyframes from the camera animation are all baked, so that should be a problem. My scene units are in cm.

I can't figure out what is causing the shift, because it's pretty subtle, but it's significant enough to make it unusable.

Is there some gotcha with Cineware that someone out there knows about? Or any particular things to double check in my scene to make sure they aren't translating funny?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Damian IneichenRe: Cineware Camera slightly off in After Effects CC
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 9:50:32 pm

Hi Dustin

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution for that?

Return to posts index

Tom MundayRe: Cineware Camera slightly off in After Effects CC
by on Oct 20, 2016 at 2:55:55 pm

I've got exactly the same problem

To check it I've exported the cam to afx, brought it back into C4D and compared it to the original - seems to be the rotation is ever so slightly different which puts things ever so slightly out of sync

No solution as yet - let me know if you find anything, it's rather important these line up!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved