MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Physical Render problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Delucia
Physical Render problem
on Feb 18, 2014 at 2:34:06 pm

Hello

I am having a problem with the Physical renderer. I have setup a motext with and animated plain effector and I am having trouble finding out with is causing this render glitch. The only thing I can track back to is the Physical renderer. The min/max values in plain effector work to a certain extent, but changes the effect I am trying to achieve. Attached are images, one of standard and the other of physical. Does same glitch regardless of motion blur. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: Physical Render problem
on Feb 18, 2014 at 11:34:33 pm

Come to think of it, I had something similar. 2 issues, actually. First was with the kerning adjustments I made, and 2nd was (after the kerning and text were deleted and rebuilt to default) with the plain effector applied -1. With those settings, text would appear in the renders in weird places.
The same thing you are showing happened to me. Sorry, not trying to hijack. Just saw your post and thought this crap is happening to me too.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Feb 19, 2014 at 5:18:10 am
Last Edited By Darby Edelen on Feb 19, 2014 at 5:18:25 am

Can you share a simple project file that shows the issue?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:29:48 pm

The problem is very easy to replicate. Just use an effector. I am working on something where I have a plain effector applied at a scale of -1 to 0 (animating in). When on physical, the object will appear somewhere in the project (I've had them appear all over...) until about 2 frames in or so. Here's an example photo of the same exact frame, only difference is physical vs standard.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:11:58 am

This seems strangely related to a problem I had a while back where the keyframe values exported by C4D to AE were offset in time from the keyframes in C4D.

Basically I think Maxon is pulling some shenanigans with the exposure time settings in the Physical Camera that lead to a bunch of unexpected "bugs" all related to frame offsets that require lame work arounds.

The workaround in this case is to add a Motion Vector pass in the Multipass or enable Motion Blur in the Physical Renderer settings. There's no need to save the Multipass image if you don't need it.

This workaround only works for Picture Viewer renders and not for editor window or render region renders.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Feb 22, 2014 at 9:44:55 am

Interesting workaround. I went with the display tag and turning off visibility for the first 2-4 frames of the effector animation, but I'll have to check out the motion vector pass as well. It's as if we don't have enough issues to work with (like figuring out how to take a black screen and make it "awesome" for each client every day...) LOL Hopefully Maxon will fix this little quirk quickly! :)

Tim

Return to posts index

Tyler Winegarner
on Feb 28, 2014 at 8:33:27 pm

I recently came up against this problem - it seemed like all of the "affected" MoText letters were being dumped at the scene origin point (0,0,0) by the physical renderer. I took my entire scene, dumped it all in a single null, and moved it 1000cm in the X direction. That seemed to work.

Return to posts index

renaud hericord
on Jun 30, 2014 at 1:52:52 pm

This bug is quite amazing, how is that possible ?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:12:37 pm

Well, has anyone reported it to Maxon? If no one reports it it's not going to get fixed!

Reporting it now. ;-)

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:17:53 pm

scale to -0.999 works as a work around as well

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:40:11 pm

Yeah, I've run into a number of problems with MoGraph using an effector scale of -1. I'm wondering if it's a floating point issue since this essentially scales and object to 0.xxx.......

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:43:44 pm

it will be interesting to see what support says in response to your report

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 1, 2014 at 4:46:03 am

Seems like a known issue. Their recommendation was the same as yours.

Return to posts index

chuck thompson
on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:05:19 am

I just ran into this issue for the first time today while using a plane effector to grow leaves on a wandering vine.

Thank you all for the work arounds. You guys just saved my project.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:19:57 am

this might be fixed in 16, I just tried it and can't break it (unless I'm testing wrong)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]