MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Team Render Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WindsorTeam Render Issue
by on Feb 15, 2014 at 5:04:33 pm

I have been trying to use Team render on R15 and it does not seem to be doing any good at all. I used my old Mac Pro and my laptop on the render and in some cases it is making the long renders take longer. Has anyone else had this issue or know a way to solve it.

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: Team Render Issue
by on Feb 16, 2014 at 12:17:57 pm

I've been using team render since day 1 and haven't noticed issues like what you're having. There are, of course, many variable in renders, such as large custom texture maps that take a few minutes to download to the slave machines. But I've seen larger projects take off after a few minutes or so.

My biggest problem with team render is its lack of ability to identify already rendered frames and NOT re-write them. That and (this may of recently changed, but I don't think it has) you can't introduce a new (previously verified but turned off or off the network) computer during mid-render unless it was identified before the start render button was hit.... Oh, and you can't watch the render via an IP address off the network... Really, I'm not sure why they got rid of the whole network render; it was a pretty great little program!

Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Richard WindsorRe: Team Render Issue
by on Feb 16, 2014 at 4:03:11 pm

Thanks, I will have to play with it or something. Maybe there is a problem because the other systems are hooked in via wifi. I can't make any render go faster.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Team Render Issue
by on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:00:12 am

Maxon generally recommends against using WIFI for Team Render because there's just too much data moving back and forth and the slow WIFI connection is a bottleneck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved