MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duca Simone Luchini[C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:01:34 am

[C4D r14] How to select specific render passes fro every Object Buffer?

Hello everybody,
How can I select specific render passes for every Object Buffer? For ex. if i want to rende only diffuse and shadows for an object and Specular, refraction and reflection for an other one, I can just to specify two different Buffer Object but inside the specific Object buffer I cannot say to C4D, which specific render pass I'd like to have.

Help please!

Return to posts index

Ronny TraufellerRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:10:26 am

mmh you can only get them for everything,
and then using the object buffers to cut just the
parts you want from multi passes..

right?

ron

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Duca Simone LuchiniRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26:14 am

Uhm... I didn't understand, sorry...
An example?

Return to posts index

Ronny TraufellerRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:36:57 am

i was saying,

u need to render diffuse,shadows,Specular,refraction and reflection
regulary, and then the object buffers for the desired object (1 and 2).

and then using them in after effects for example to cut out the
diffuse,shadows for object 1, and Specular,refraction and reflection for object 2. or whatever you like combine.

maybe you are boyond my knowledge and
i am telling things you already knwo :)

helps?

ron

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Duca Simone LuchiniRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:22:31 pm

So. before you make the regular render passes diffuse,shadows,Specular,refraction and reflection (And AO...) , than delete tham and reset Render setting only with a Object Buffer. If I'm right...
(but then, which is the utility of Buffer Object...?)

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:08:12 pm

You dont have to render object buffers separately .. you can render object buffers along with your multi passes ..

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 5:03:37 pm

An object buffer is nothing but an alpha for an object or group of objects. Once you have the alpha you can go into your compositing application and use it as a luma matte however you want.

For example, if you only want the reflections for an object you would drop the reflection pass into the comp and then use the object buffer as a luma matte to get just the reflections for the object.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2014 at 7:33:20 pm

Okay Adam,
you mean that the reflection - as well as others render passes like Shadows, Specular, refraction... - have not Alpha channel?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: [C4D r14] How to select specific render passes for every Object Buffer?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 10:47:37 pm

Right, there is only alpha specific to any of the passes: just a generic scene alpha and object buffer alphas.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2014 at 6:48:51 am

Good Adam,
I see also you can select an object in scene un render only it just enabling "Active Object Only" on Render Settings/Option. So, if put in a Object Buffer via Compositing tag a mesh and than, if you choise your render passes, you can render only the alpha channel of the object and ours own specific passes.
Unfortunately, you can batch that process and you must every time and for every mesh to specify which kind of object passes you need...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]