MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Video as background in Cinema 4D loose quality

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Titousky WalkerVideo as background in Cinema 4D loose quality
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:25:12 pm
Last Edited By Titousky Walker on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:54:46 pm

I want to add a 3D model to a live footage, and I don't need to do any compositing after,
I already imported the camera tracking of the video from after effect to Cinema 4D.
So I thought the best way would be to put my video as animated background in Cinema 4D, place the 3D model, then render as a video file and be done with it.

But when I render, the video file loose it's quality :( it's blurry.
I tried with TIFF and JPEG sequence set at the best quality but it's the same.

Any advice please?

Return to posts index

Andy HenikRe: Video as background in Cinema 4D loose quality
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 11:15:10 pm

I actually like to work the other way around. Placing the video footage in Cinema as indication for output in after effects, and than I connect the composition with the BG in after effects. That way I don't loose quality. I also must keep in mind, Cinema is no Video comp tool, even though it gives you the option to use it like this. But after effects is.
Since you already did the tracking part, it should be no problem for you to import the rendered output into the background scene in after effects.
Hope I helped
Kind Regards

Return to posts index

Titousky WalkerRe: Video as background in Cinema 4D loose quality
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14:30 pm

Thanks for you answer :)
Yeah right now I import my render in after effects, but I was looking for I faster solution, directly in C4D.

Since I can't figure out how to use the multipass render when I use both TurbulenceFD and Shadows, so I do 2 different renders (one for the model and TurbulenceFD, and 1 just for the shadows alone) but it's a waist of time.

Everybody seem to prefere After Effects for the compositing part, maybe it's because as you said Cinema4D simply isn't good at compositing video,

So I'm starting to use Cineware as it must be the best bridge between C4D with AE I suppose,
I work in multipass, 1 Object Buffer for my model, and the shadows pass.
And then I can edit the pass separatelly in After Effect.
The downside is that when I modiffy my AE project, I have to recalculate the C4D layer to see the result, and can't use TurbulenceFD since Cineware doesn't support OpenGL.

Thank you for you're help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved