MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hiding effectors

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David LarsenHiding effectors
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 7:56:09 pm

So, I'm working on a scene, using a lot of effectors for animating object transitions. But the viewport is getting incredibly crowded, and I've only just started.

What are those yellow and red lines that indicate the effectors called, and how do you get rid of them without hiding the objects or disabling the effectors? Is there some kind of global viewport switch, a tag, or a something else I can use to make it more manageable?

I guess my question applies to lights, guides, nulls, etc. as well. I just want to see the geometry.

In a perfect world, the only effector that are actually visible in the viewport would be the one I have selected, so I can still see all my objects animating, but concentrate on a single effector at a time.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hiding effectors
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:00:39 am

Looks like the falloff shape. You can get rid of the display by unchecking the "visible" box in the effectors' falloff tab. I don't think there's any global switch for that, but you can multiselect all of them and turn them off with one click.

Return to posts index

David GruwierRe: Hiding effectors
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:29:08 pm

That works perfectly! I can just hide everything, and then show the effectors individually when I need them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved