MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Optimun Workflow from Cinema 4D through Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreOptimun Workflow from Cinema 4D through Premiere Pro
by on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:38:18 pm

I've created a 3d model of our Entercom radio station lobby and flew logos and cameras through the scene to play back on a flatscreen TV in the main lobby, but I've never been happy with the results. We use Powerpoint to generate a slideshow of stills of station logos and maybe a video or two but this program may not be the ideal setup for us since it occasionally crashes.

Anyway, I'm using C4D R12 Broadcast to render out a TIFF sequence of a MoCam camera move through the lobby (at 1280 X 720, 30fps, square pixels) while pre-rendered logo .mov clips w/alphas appear and fade off. I assemble it all in After Effects CC and then Export to an Adobe Premiere Project. In Premiere, using Adobe Dynamic Link, I import the AE comp. and proceed to Adobe Media Encoder, where I get a final render using the WMV9 codec, resulting in about an 8Mb, 45sec video. Maybe it's just the compression, since the full-quality .mov version is over a GB using the Photo JPEG codec, but there must be a step I could do differently along my process that would produce better quality even with the small file size. Any help would be welcome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved