MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Number Display with XPresso

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Barone
Number Display with XPresso
on Feb 7, 2014 at 2:14:05 pm

Im trying to put together a sort of digital number display and have the numbers change using User Data/XPresso. I have it set up so each individual piece can change with its own slider 0 - 9 by way of texture to polygon selection.

What I would like to achieve is a single User Data slider to control the display to run 01 through 99.

I've attached my file, can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

7108_numberdisplay.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Number Display with XPresso
on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:12:34 pm

7109_numberdisplay2.zip here you go

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:38:16 pm

Brian, thank you so much, fantastic!!
Nice to see I was on kinda that right track.. I had a similar setup to what you achieved but just couldn't figure out the math involved.. math just isn't my thing.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:41:44 pm

Hah, beat me to it! ;-)

More than one way to skin a fish....

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:46:35 pm

that there is :-)

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:40:37 pm

Yep, here you go: 7110_counterdigital099slidercontrolled.c4d.zip

What I did was, first, replace the Real user data with Integer user data. The second digit data goes from 0-10. I set it up that way because the second digit drives the first digit.

To that end, I added a second range mapper to drive the digit 1 slider with the digit 2 slider. If you turn on the range mapper's modulo function, what happens is that the output resets to the lower value when the upper value is exceeded, and the sequence keeps repeating. So the range mapper's input goes from 0-99 and the output goes from 0-10.

Accordingly, as long as the second digit's input ranges from 0 to 9, the first digit remains at 0. When the input hits 10, the second digit flips to 1 (because the slider 2 range mapper is set to 0-10), and the first digit flips from 9 back to 0, because that's the 11th value on the slider and it trips the modulo function.

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on Feb 7, 2014 at 7:01:35 pm

Adam,

Thats for the additional solution! Great to see two different setups achieving, essentially, the same thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]