MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xrefs relative timing between different projects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyXrefs relative timing between different projects
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:49:01 pm

In After Effects when you add a precomp (nested) layer to your timeline you can slide it over so the animation happens later in the main comp's timeline, even if the keyframes inside the precomp are at the very beginning.

Is there a way to do that with Xrefs in Cinema 4D? I have a project which is 350 or so frames long and I need one element to appear and start its animation closer to the end, around frame 300. I built said element as a separate file in order to not make my timeline too cluttered and confusing, but then I had to add the keyframes also on frame 300, while nothing at all happens before.

Is there a way to build my animation at the beginning of the timeline (abd shorten the duration of it accordingly) and then add this project as an Xref into a different project but make the object make its own thing much later, like at frame 300?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Xrefs relative timing between different projects
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:38:25 pm

Sure, in the Xref object properties>Animation, just use the offset function. So if you want your xref animation to start on frame 300 ... set the offset to 300F.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Xrefs relative timing between different projects
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:08:17 pm

Thanks a lot!!

Another quick question related to Xrefs, I don't know what I did, but when I reopened my file one of my Xrefs still looks fine and gives me the options for it in the attributes manager while the other one still shows the little x's right next to each object inside it but the main one is no longer an Xref but a null, I can still revise it and have the revisions reflected inside the file if I go to Create>Xref>Xref manager, but I can't have the original Xref menu in the attributes panel anymore, how can I revert back to that or what did I do to lose that functionality?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]