MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D plain effector

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franco Mars
Cinema 4D plain effector
on Feb 3, 2014 at 7:51:54 pm
Last Edited By Franco Mars on Feb 3, 2014 at 11:24:46 pm

Ive seen some tutorials to recreate an effect like the one in the video ( link provided below). I want to give the plain effector the shape of a letter. So when the effector moves through the clones it will have the shape of the designated letter. Is there a way to do this?

I would be very grateful for some help.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cinema 4D plain effector
on Feb 4, 2014 at 3:16:51 am

all the plain effector is doing in the video is lifting the clones (cubes) and the text is just made visible as it passes or is lifted while the camera is behind the clones and can't see - then the camera pans around to reveal or are you looking for something not in the video?

Return to posts index

Franco Mars
on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:33:24 am

Sorry for the vague description. What Im trying to achieve is to recreated the plain effector on the cubes, but for the plain effector to have the shape of a letter, instead of one of the default settings. Although there might be other ways to do this, this is how I have been trying. All im trying to do is to lift the cubes in the shape of a letter.

Thanks for replying!

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:50:52 pm

Volume effector is what u are looking for ..

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:45:31 pm

Volume effector would probably work, but this is also doable with the Plain Effector. As with most effectors, one of the falloff options is "Source". The source option allows you to use a polygon object to define the falloff shape.

Keep in mind that this option only seems to look at points, so the source object has to be reasonably subdivided to produce a good result.

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:44:57 am

Adam,

I tried using the source first but couldn't get it to work correctly .. didn't knew mesh needed to be subdivided .. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Franco Mars
on Feb 5, 2014 at 2:13:31 pm

I got it to work, thanks a lot!! tried both ways to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]