MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Coiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar WielandCoiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:45:12 pm

Hi, I'm looking for ideas how to simulate a coiling paperroll or cabelroll, to see the animation of pulling the cable and the cableroll is turning around its axis and getting smaller in diameter.
splinewarp on a helix f.e. etc do no deliver the turning movement. What would be an ideal approach? Thanks for all inputs in advance. Lothar

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Coiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 6:03:18 pm

There's probably a better way to do this (mine requires running animation backward) but it's what occurred to me off the top of my head: 7091_cableunwrap.c4d.zip

As you can see, I animated the bend deformer's position and then counter-animated the null that hold's the cylinder and deformer to give the appearance that the roll isn't moving. I could have also animated the null's Y position to keep it stationary in Y. Obviously I could have animated in reverse order to do an unroll instead of a roll, but you can also handle that with a time track if you want.

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Coiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 6:30:13 pm

Cool, i tried it now with a plane instead of cylinder with cloth surface giving thickness for the plane using as paper…, really cool,… Great Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Coiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 7:31:50 pm

Cool, i tried it now with a plane instead of cylinder with cloth surface giving thickness for the plane using as paper…, really cool,… Great Thanks!!!!

Genius Adam! It works reverse just by changing the keyframes...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]