MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Out of Memory Render Errors

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreOut of Memory Render Errors
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:23:34 pm

I'm flying MoCam through a model of a radio station lobby and encountering many random Out of Memory errors along the way. I'm running C4D R12 Broadcast with WinXP, 2Gb of ram and a Core2Duo. Almost every time the Preview Monitor comes to this fairly complicated model of a glass table with maybe 100 aluminum tubes for support, it gives up. However, sometimes just by closing the scene and starting over, it just barely makes it through another few frames before stopping again. I'm using a .TIF sequence so I pick up where I left off and eventually end up with my finished render, which I finish up over in AE cc. I would like to move this whole scene over to my newer Win7 Quad Core, 8Gb RAM computer but I'm hoping to output at 1280 x 720, but I believe Cinema 4D Lite only lets you save up to 864 X 486, so I'm using the older computer with this extremely slow workflow. I have tried decreasing the RAM allotted to the Preview Monitor and that seems to help but with WinXP I think the max RAM that I can use is 2Gb so I may be stuck. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Out of Memory Render Errors
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 8:05:35 pm

Some things you may be able to do: delete any unnecessary UV tags (they roughly double the memory size of objects), reduce shadow map size, lower ray depth and shadow depth settings, use smaller textures, use lower hyper nurbs settings....

Hard to say what else without having a better idea what the scene is like.

Return to posts index

Ron MooreRe: Out of Memory Render Errors
by on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:19:55 pm

Yes, here's a YouTube link to the video I'm updating:

Like I said, I'd like to transfer it either into Element 3D or C4D Lite in After Effects CC and have a more dependable platform for rendering camera moves for future logo animations, but apparently C4D Lite has an 864 X 486 max resolution and so far the conversion to something Element 3D can handle has proven unwieldy for my meager skills. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll go through the model and cut the fat where appropriate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved