MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Scaling object affecting glass material

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Crowe
Scaling object affecting glass material
on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:40:57 pm

So I'm kind of stumped with this one. I'm a relatively new C4D user coming from other 3D programs. If you take a look at the image I've uploaded, you'll see that I've modeled a wall sconce that has a candle inside of it. The left most section of the image shows my original model rendered. This is how it's supposed to look. But when I bring this object into my new scene, its scale is too large for the existing architecture so I have to scale it down. This is when I have an issue.

When I scale it down to match the rest of the scene, something is happening to my glass object/material. The middle picture shows what a render looks like with the glass turned off and the right shows it with the glass turned on. I'm not getting the brightness of the candle and flame shining through the glass.

Any ideas why this is happening? All I'm doing is scaling down my object (to about 10% of original) to match the rest of the scene. I'm sure one option is to just scale the rest of my scene up to match the scale of the wall light, but I'd prefer to avoid doing that since there is a lot going in the rest of the scene already.

Return to posts index

Jeff Crowe
Re: Scaling object affecting glass material
on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:32:23 pm

So it looks like Ambient Occlusion was the culprit. Stupid me for not looking at the render settings close enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]