MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dark Frames using GI...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal WatmoughDark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 10:49:21 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a 250 frame clip in C4D R12. Everytime I render out the clip the same two frames are dark, like the lights have been switched off. See below:

Frame 92 -

Frame 93 -

I'm using the default GI settings for IR (Camera Animation) in Cinema 4D R12. Which I'm running on an Apple Mac Pro running 10.8.5.

Any help would be so very much appreciated as I have to deliver this first thing on Monday :/

Thanks in advance!

Hal

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Dark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 4:26:41 am

not enough info without seeing the scene. Can you render the frames individually and they look normal or is it only during the animation?

Return to posts index

Hal WatmoughRe: Dark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:31:43 am

What other info do you need from me? It doesn't just happened in the animation render, even if you just render view on the frame it still comes out dark.

Return to posts index

Andy HenikRe: Dark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 7:24:56 am

I would first of all recommand the QMC settings, and not the default settings.
The IR default settings are a bit cranky (problematic) and by using them, you should be open to unwanted surprises. That is my personal experiance. If anyone has other, his/her comments are welcomed.
As for me, the QMC settings are longer rendertime, but never failed me so far.

Kind Regards
Andy

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:34:14 am

I've tried it on QMC as well and still no difference, which is making start to think that maybe it's something in conjunction with GI that's making this happening. But I've gone through all the objects and materials there's no change in parameters for this frame, everything remains the same. But thanks for the suggestion.

So frustrating :(

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:45:12 am

Ok I've just been tinkering with the scene and it still happens even without GI, using the edit cam with just a quick render view. Sorry to waste everyones time before. I have no idea why its happening but I don't think I'm going to have time to solve it.

I imagine that it's going to be impossible to ascertain a solution without seeing the scene itself so I think I'm just going to have to redesign it and try and put it out again slightly because I have no idea what it could be.

If anyone has come across something like this in the past then let me know.

Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Dark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 1:31:58 pm

what's animated in the scene? Are the lights turning off? Is something moving in front of them? (Assuming the lights are casting shadows)

Return to posts index

Andy HenikRe: Dark Frames using GI...
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 9:26:13 am

Is it possible for you to upload the file? Even only with simple primitives, I would like to take a look if you don't mind.

Kind Regards
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]