MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Weird keyframe jumps

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Pais NietoWeird keyframe jumps
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:24:56 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm having a really strange problem with my software I never had before. Maybe it's because I updated to R15 a few days ago, but i am pretty sure that it didn't happen the first days.

So, the problem is that when I'm moving an object or a camera that has a keyframe on it's position property earlier in the timeline and I move it around, the object suddenly jumps back to the position of the previous keyframe after moving the camera. Maybe it's hard to explain, so I'll post you a quick video.

As you can see in the video I'm not scrubbing the timeline, so this jump should not happen.

I'm really looking forward to hear from you guys, and hope to get an answer and help people that maybe have the same issue.

Here is the video:

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Weird keyframe jumps
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:56:56 pm

there are a lot of parts not visible in that Object list (folded) - while the Protection Tags we can see should not cause a problem do you have any expressions in the parts we can't see?

Return to posts index

Ivan Pais NietoRe: Weird keyframe jumps
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 7:05:08 pm

Hi Brian, thank you for your response.

The object shown in the video can't be the problem, because the same thing happens with primitives on the fresh started software, with no tags, no expressions and nothing at all.

Here I made another video, showing first how it happens with the movement of a sphere, and after that the same with the movement of the camera, where it jumps back to the first keyframe all the time.

Here is the video, sorry for the low framerate :

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Weird keyframe jumps
by on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:12:39 pm

Seems like something is causing a refresh, which shouldn't happen from regular viewport manipulation. You're not hitting the "A" key? Do you have any plugins? If so you might try removing them. If the problem clears try loading them back one at a time until you figure out which is causing the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved