MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

WARNING: C4d Update (R15.057) can cause MAJOR issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim VaughanWARNING: C4d Update (R15.057) can cause MAJOR issues
by on Dec 23, 2013 at 11:19:23 pm

I had just finished a pretty big project and decided to upgrade to R15.057. I was asked to do a quick touch up to about 200 frames which was about the middle of the animation. No problem, I'd done that a few times in the test renders. The new version had my objects off point and major differences between the frames. After pulling my hair out and trying to figure out what was wrong, I reverted BACK to the previous version, R15.037 and everything is back to proper alignment. You can see the water has a much lower subdivision as well as being a LOT lower, and the ship itself is slightly off cantor. Be extremely careful on this update...

I've attached 3 frames to show what I mean. Absolutely ridiculous....

Frame 1

Frame 2

Combined: (Frame 1 and 2 overlayed)

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: WARNING: C4d Update (R15.057) can cause MAJOR issues
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 4:45:10 am

I've not heard of anyone else having this issue. Have you reported it to Maxon?

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: WARNING: C4d Update (R15.057) can cause MAJOR issues
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 10:29:20 am

Figures i'd be the only one...LOL :) I have reported it. As soon as I reverted, everything was as it should be. Same project file, same hard drive, same computer. Craziest thing I've ever seen....

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]