MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Combining Multiple Dynamics Objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GoldbergCombining Multiple Dynamics Objects
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:30:45 pm

Hi All,
I've been scratching my head over this issue for several days now.....
I have a box, that is connected to a bar via a spring.
The box falls down, and the bottom hinges open, and a piece of text falls out of the box. This text element is also held by a spring.
I can't seem to get everything to work without one part of the dynamics simulation interfering with the other. In my example, I had to disable a hinge connector for the bottom of the box, and keyframe that. I'd rather have everything work dynamically. Once I get the first drop to work (with keyframes for the bottom hinge), I can't even get the text to drop without strange collision issues. I'm trying to a - get the second drop to work, then b - get the second spring connecting the text to the box to work, then c - somehow have the hinge on the bottom be dynamic as opposed to keyframed.
I'm hoping someone can take a look at my sample scene, and see something that will put me on the right path.

Using C4D V15

Spring Hinge Test 1

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Combining Multiple Dynamics Objects
by on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:57:47 pm

Dynamics can be quite tricky. The main problem in your file is that you have the main box's collision set to automatic, which in effect assigns a collision shape in the form of a solid cube. You need to set that "moving mesh".

I've played around with your file to get something close to what I think you're looking for. It's going to be tough because the spring connector's themselves don't recognize collisions. I made quite a few tweaks, including to the box and letter's damping settings. I made the hinge work by keyframing its angle limit.

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: Combining Multiple Dynamics Objects
by on Dec 19, 2013 at 6:30:56 pm

Thanks Adam,
I'll play around with some of these settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved