MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpresso Timing Delay

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JP Pelc
Xpresso Timing Delay
on Dec 12, 2013 at 6:18:47 pm

Hey friends,

I am a long time AE user getting into C4D lite with the new CC upgrade. What I'm creating in C4D is a spinning globe with radio waves pulsating from various places on Earth. Right now I'm copying and pasting my animated radio waves to various parts of the globe, (I just created 2 tubes and keyframed the inner/outer radii) and I'm trying to avoid having to manually go into every set of radio waves and move the keyframes to adjust timing. In AE for 2D layer stacking I use this expression on the position parameter:

thisComp.layer(index+1).position + [0,0,1]

That way when I duplicate a file, it just looks at the layer below and adds 1 pixel to the Z position.

So what I'm wondering is if there is a similar way in C4D to add an expression to the animation, so that when I copy and paste it just looks at the same animation of the layer(s) below and starts moves the keyframes to a few frames later.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Xpresso Timing Delay
on Dec 13, 2013 at 4:13:59 am

it's probably possible with xpresso but you can't think of it in AE terms (layers and frames of animation) it's a different way to work. What are you trying to do, animate a single wave group or trying to offset the different wave groups without having to keyframe them all?

Return to posts index

JP Pelc
on Dec 13, 2013 at 2:24:07 pm

I'm trying to offset the different wave groups with no keyframing, or at least with bare minimum

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 13, 2013 at 4:28:56 pm

offset so they don't all look the same or offset so that they start off small as they start and grow continuously bigger?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]