MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

physical render or vray or switch to learn maya for real world photo realistic render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nizaryos nassour
physical render or vray or switch to learn maya for real world photo realistic render
on Dec 10, 2013 at 8:53:51 am

hello all my name is nizaryos new to this forum
i am using cinema 4d for about 2 years now for motion graphic in a television industry now i am trying to replicate real world lighting texture shadow .......
i just got vray for c4d r14 for rendering real world such as characters tanks buildings sea nature .....
but i cant achieve desired results should i switch and learn maya for real world

here is my render with physical

here is my render with vray

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
Re: physical render or vray or switch to learn maya for real world photo realistic render
on Dec 10, 2013 at 11:22:12 am

Hi there,

Can you share a simple file with both settings?
I'm sure it is all about setting it up right.
There really is no difference for you using C4D/3dMax/Maya or so.
At the end its all about the right settings.

Kind Regards
Andy

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassour
Re: physical render or vray or switch to learn maya for real world photo realistic render
on Dec 10, 2013 at 2:03:07 pm

thanks andy for your response i am uploading vray render and physical render

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
on Dec 10, 2013 at 11:52:31 pm

I sent you a file back to you for download. For now just the physical render.
Tomorrow I will try to find the vRay solution.
Hope I helped a little.

Thanx
Andy

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassour
on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:10:21 am

thanks man you are a life saver the results are great especially the depth of field also one of my friend told me to add volume metric light and ray light beam should be visible and particle dust atmosphere in after effect to add more realism environment should this work in addition of your render settings???

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
on Dec 11, 2013 at 3:29:57 pm

I don't know, didn't really work so much with the Physical render, and AE compositions. I use more standard render and only is nessesary I use GI. It makes it easier for me to create compositions in AE. Also renders much faster (Excapt the GI of course).
I will try the vRay later on. Am busy right now, but hope to find the time soon.
Thanx
Andy

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassour
on Dec 10, 2013 at 2:11:44 pm

did you receive the files

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:14:27 pm

No I did not. Did you upload them under your post? I can't find them!
Sorry, please try to upload them again. I'm not sure if it is allowed to give you my personal email address, or else I would give it to you.

Thanks Andy

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:22:08 pm

if you click on his name it takes you to files that were uploaded (useful for when someone doesn't copy-paste the links).

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
on Dec 10, 2013 at 6:40:29 pm

Thank you I got them.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 10, 2013 at 11:03:14 pm

Instead of switching applications you'd be much better off putting some time in learning one or two of the render engines available for Cinema. That way you'll just have to learn a render engine instead of having to learn a new render engine AND a whole new 3D application (and Maya is not so user friendly as Cinema).

With Cinema you can use vRay, Mental Ray (Maya's render engine), Octane, Oxygen, Maxwell, and a number of other render engines, in addition to the standard and physical renderers. Many Maya users doing photorealistic work rely on vRay.

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassour
on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:04:58 am

thanks for the reply i think it is going to take time to get used to realistic render engine

Return to posts index

Bill Kelly
on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:37:23 pm
Last Edited By Bill Kelly on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:38:58 pm

Have you tried using a Physical Sky in your scene. It really helps with the realism even using the Standard Renderer with some ambient occlusion. Try it with and without GI. You may find that without GI looks as good or better as with GI.

All the daylight shots in this gallery from my blog that I'm linking to were rendered using the Physical Sky with the Standard Renderer with AO but no GI. Average rendering time was around 10 minutes per frame.

http://thekellzone.com/?p=539

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at http://thekellzone.com

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassour
on Dec 13, 2013 at 7:33:28 am

yes i used physical sky no gi with ambient occlusion but the problem was the settings in physical sky options

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]