MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cloth issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Pascavagecloth issues
by on Dec 8, 2013 at 8:08:28 pm

so ive been working at my animation for a while and am ready to apply cloth to moving characters. ive long dressed them, and the cloth worked great so long at I kept them in the standard pose. with short sleeves I had no problem dropping the arms and even made a couple motions to test it for kinks.

well now im preparing my models for final animation and I tested out their robbery outfit with some basic motions and the cloth goes absolutely nuts. ive tried it with all sorts of combinations of more samples, more subdivision in the cloth nurbs, self collision, self repulsion, all spectrums of iterations, stiffness, and flexion. I even tried it without self collision and repulsion thinking maybe if it passed through itself it wouldn't be so bad, just have to angle the camera right. but no matter what, it goes nuts. heres a video I made to showcase what I mean.

the only thing I haven't tried is the global intersection analysis because that's making some 6 minute a frame renders and idk if thatll even work after the wait. I read on the manual and it says that's for problem areas like these to keep the cloth engine from coming to a complete halt, but that isn't really my issue I don't think. the engine is working fine, but it wont just render correctly according to dynamics. im at my wits end with this stuff, any ideas?

Return to posts index

Alex BraddockRe: cloth issues
by on Dec 9, 2013 at 2:40:33 am

What happens when you cache the animation?

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: cloth issues
by on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:52:08 pm

same thing. there is no difference. I know I could manually correct it with the cache tool but that's a ridiculously tedious an inefficient process =/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved