MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D render different than preview

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko RadakC4D render different than preview
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 12:42:29 pm

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new with C4D, and I could use some help.
I've made a quite simple scene with about 15 seconds of animation (christmas balls falling on surface with a bit of initial velocity and bouncing out of it). I've also added shadow catcher and tried various formats of render options (TIFF, PNG, MOV etc) with Alpha channel, in order to bring it to After Effects (over my footage).

The problem is that when I preview it in the active view - it looks great, however, when I export it, out of 450 frames, about first 200 frames looks good. After that, the balls start acting differently, and instead all of them going away from the screen, 2 balls remains on the screen (widely rotating) and than even weirder thing happens - really small balls get into the scene from all way around.

I've included both project files and a trial render in .mov format for you to review.
I know that it must have been my fault, but after trying anything I could think of, I'm out of ideas.

Any advice on it would be more than helpful!

Best,
Marko

http://markoradak.com/other/files/Ornaments.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D render different than preview
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 4:30:29 pm

The really small balls are the balls as they fall away once they reach the edge of the plane, you can't see them in the editor but once you make the plane transparent with the shadow catcher there they are - make the plane bigger or use a Floor object.

Return to posts index

Marko RadakRe: C4D render different than preview
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 8:17:39 pm

Ok, that completely makes sense :) Thanks for that!
Any idea on the second issue - different balls animation (especially at the end)?

Thanks once again, I truly appreciate you taking time to respond!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D render different than preview
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 9:53:52 pm

bake the Dynamics (Project/Dynamics/Cache) then it comes out the way you see it in the editor.

Return to posts index

Marko RadakRe: C4D render different than preview
by on Dec 8, 2013 at 3:03:37 pm

Thank you Brian! Thank you so much! It's finally looking as it should :)

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]