MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

More than one range mapper?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean KimberMore than one range mapper?
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 3:29:47 am
Last Edited By Sean Kimber on Dec 7, 2013 at 3:30:17 am

Hi,

I'm creating a flip book animation and am trying to control the still images using the range mapper and the book pages. I have been able to have the page rotation affect the still image rotation for one page, but I can't seem to get the other one to work. Basically, when I do it, I have a range mapper connected to page one's degree - from 0 to 180. That effects the still from -90 degrees to 0. Then, I'm trying to have the second page affect the image in the exact same way, but it seems to break the original range mapper when I do this.

Are you unable to use more than one range mapper on an object's property? And if so, is there another solution?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: More than one range mapper?
by on Dec 7, 2013 at 4:03:56 pm

no single property can have more than one input (how would it know which to listen to by how much or when?) but you can mix two inputs with the Mix node or decide which of two inputs to use with Compare and Condition nodes etc etc etc but I am seriously not understanding your description of the problem. I assume flip book means one of those flip book animations but why would you want to rotate stills... maybe you just need the Stick Texture tag to get the material to follow the page as it flips but otherwise I'd probably have to see the scene file

Return to posts index

Sean KimberRe: More than one range mapper?
by on Dec 9, 2013 at 2:45:49 pm

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your help. I misspoke when I described it as a "flip book." Should have said "Pop-up book." I apologize. I ended up solving the problem by putting the layer in another null and having the second range mapper affect the null's rotation.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Sean KimberRe: More than one range mapper?
by on Dec 9, 2013 at 3:18:32 pm

Hi,

One more question in a similar vein. I used the motioneers pop-up book tutorial to help me with this project:

http://motioneers.net/popup-book-pt-2-attaching-designs/

It works well for one IK chain, but when I try to flip the page, I need a second IK chain for the pop-up on that book. I used the same method. However, when I used it on the second IK chain, the top chain joint didn't move towards the middle chain joint as it should. Instead, it continued to point straight towards the "twist" value.

Is there a conflict when more than one IK chain is used? Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]