MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Loft Nurbs Geometry line

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Biederbeck
Loft Nurbs Geometry line
on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:44:18 am

Hi, I'm trying to model a highlighter and I'm getting this really anoying line on either side of the model, check out the image.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Loft Nurbs Geometry line
on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:58:21 am

hard to tell without seeing the splines making the loft. A Loft would likely not be my first choice for that, at least for the body - not that it is wrong though. How did you make the splines used in the body piece? Can you post the file itself?

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Nov 30, 2013 at 5:00:29 am

I actually got it figured out, I had cylindrical wrap on my material and I was seeing the seem.
I took a picture of the bottom of the highlighter and then used illustrator to pen around. Then brought it in and lofted it. I'm curious of a better wayt?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 30, 2013 at 5:51:11 am

I would have done just an extrude for the body and connector but as I said it doesn't make the Loft wrong - particularly if you are getting results. Just fewer splines that way, just personal choice. The front's more complex shape makes a loft a good choice. It's hard to be wrong with something fairly simple like that as long as it textures correctly and it has the right shape. The new bevel tool would make it easy to make it out of a cube too...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]